I’ve always loved experimenting with Indian fusion wear. As an Indian fashion blogger, I realized there’s so much you can do with a saree – a graceful and versatile garment. However, what do you do when you are tired of wearing the drape in a similar fashion all the time? Well, you put together a look with the existing elements in your wardrobe! I’ve created a crop top on saree look and given a new spin to the beautiful weave. Given the fact we have so many festivals coming up, it’s important to have some tricks to revamp the wardrobe.
I’ve grown aware of the way I shop over the years. Which is why I had earlier created a crop top with pencil skirt look and a crop top with a maxi skirt. The purpose is to show you how to create different looks with a single crop top! The best thing is, you can be creative with the many clothing items you’ve purchased and give a new look every single time.
Indian Fusion Wear: Using a White Crop top as Saree Blouse
If you are tired of endless visits to the local tailor to design your saree blouse, then simply opt for the crop top blouse with saree look!
You save on –
- Time (of course, those endless trip to get your fit right!)
- Money (Ah, well, what can I say here!)Â
- Energy (Peace of mind is important, eh!)
I found it easier to browse online and pick a crop top that fits me perfectly. If you are wondering how to wear a saree in a different style, let me deconstruct it for you.
For a crop top and saree combo, always choose the garments wisely.
- Pick a saree with modern prints. A simple element like stripes or polka dots will also be suitable. You can opt for a traditional saree as well, but you need a crop top that is designed to suit the entire look.
- I thought of taking the drape a little differently. I added a large belt at the waist to cinch the look.
- Combine with accessories as per the occasion. I’ve added some traditional earrings with a long necklace to add some quirk to the look.
- I’ve pinned the hair behind loosely as this is a casual look. I wanted it slightly messy and artsy!
Always choose a crop top that is of the appropriate length.
- Pick a colour that goes with almost every outfit. A white crop top is a great buy.
- If you are worried about the stomach area, choose a slightly longer crop top.
I’ve opted for simple makeup highlighting the eyes with a hint of blue. To me, makeup is a way to enhance yourself and is best avoidable on a regular basis.
How to Wear a Different Style of Saree
If you already have a crop top and a saree look in mind, here’s how to add a touch of difference.
- Combine with a long shrug. Oh yes, this adds a fun element.
- Choose a short jacket with power sleeves. You can choose a different print to grab eyeballs.
Selecting a Saree
If you are looking for a different style of a crop top with saree look, take a look at the saree selections below. There are many more modern prints on Amazon and Satya Paul gets it right!
Different types of Saree Blouse Alternatives
You can always opt for different crop top designs as I’ve shown here.
If you haven’t yet tried the crop top blouse with saree look, I’d suggest do it! I would love to hear from you.
Photographer: Hana Jade Hudain
Saree: Ray Ethnic, Pune
Accessories: F.C. road, Pune
Bag: Minoso, RMZ Galleria Mall, Bangalore
Footwear: Westside, Bangalore