The Little Black Dress is considered to be a must-have in every woman’s wardrobe. One thing is for sure, the reasons to own LBDs are many to note down! But, before I begin, I must share what Coco Chanel had to say.
The Little Black Dress attire is a uniform for all women of taste.
Woah! I already have a little black dress as you may have previously viewed in my blog before. While I created 3 different looks of the same little black dress, I couldn’t help add this little black dress one to my collection. This classic checkered dress in black is one of the most perfect little black dress I’ve come across. This black dress from Shein is super comfy! I’ve combined the look with one of Westside’s footwear collection and Lifestyle accessories.
It’s a great fabric and the soft straps make it comfortable for party wear. I’d even put on a jacket and wear it with shoes for a casual look.
3 Reasons to Own LBD
1. It’s such a versatile dress!
I can write forever about the little black dress fashion and versatility. You can combine it into different looks and stay classy all the way!
- Pair the LBD with a contrast jacket for slightly windier days
- Accessorize by going bling (think metallics) or combine with demure jewellery. You can choose from chandelier earrings or a statement necklace.
- Team it up with heels, trendy flats, or simply use sneakers for a sporty look
- Use a broad belt for more drama
- You can use any makeup or go without makeup! The little black dress fashion is glam enough to make it versatile in every way!
2) It’s suitable for everyone!
You can be of any skin type or body shape, the little black dress attire is a style that suits everyone. You can select a design that best suits your body type.
- If you are a petite woman, opt for a dress that is a little above the knees to add more height to your frame.
- If you are slightly on the heavier side, go for designs that take the attention away from the “problem-areas”. For e.g.: you can opt for a detailed neckline that brings attention towards the shoulders.
- A taller woman can also go for a slightly longer black dress and opt for designs that include a plunging back. Halter dresses are another option for a little black dress.
I’d simply say, buy a little black dress that makes you feel oh-so-confident from within!
3) It’s all about going a little minimalistic
A little black dress is one of those styles that offer a chic look in the minimalist of ways. You can grab attention at any party with the elegance and minimalism this design offers. It’s perfect when you don’t have too much time to get ready because the iconic little black dress looks great even without accessorizing. You can walk in an LBD for any event without worrying about the details.
Who Popularized the Perfect Little Black Dress?
Each time you think about the little black dress attire, images of the iconic Audrey Hepburn crop into the mind. Her effortless elegance in Breakfast at Tiffany’s aptly showed the power of a little black dress fashion. Designer Coco Chanel is considered to be the path-breaking woman behind this timeless creation. The colour black was considered to be anything but glamourous during the 1920s. Her dress published in Vogue as the ‘Chanel’s Ford’ attracted attention as being declared a kind of uniform that is suitable for all women who have a taste.
From the olden times till date, the little black dress fashion has metamorphosed from the simple evening dress and cocktail dress to the wild, bold, modern versions of today. As this is almost a fashion rule for all lovers of fashion, the LBD has proven its timeless appeal by ruling the fashion world for decades.
Personalities and Designers who Rocked the Little Black Dress
- Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Designers Coco Chanel and Christian Dior both popularized this trend
- Princess Diana and her ‘revenge dress’
- Rita Hayworth
- Greta Garbo
- Marilyn Monroe
- In recent times, Posh Spice (Victoria Beckham), Michelle Obama, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift have all flaunted the beauty of the little black dress.
Where to Buy a Little Black Dress
There’s no dearth to the number of shopping malls and online shopping websites that offer the little black dress. However, if you are the kind to shop in the comfort of your own home, do check out these designs.
Women’s fashion has changed over the years. The little black dress, however, has been a firm favourite with women who love the classic appeal of this fashion trend. From the elegant designs to the bold little black dresses, the style has indeed changed with time. However, we can’t deny the little black dress fashion remains a firm favourite with fashion designers, and celebrities the world over.
So, are you enticed with the charm of the little black dress? Do share the post if you know someone who needs a little black dress in their wardrobe!
Location Courtesy: RMZ Galleria Mall, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore
Little Black Dress (Black Dress with White Lines): Shein
Accessories: Lifestyle, Bangalore
Footwear: Westside, Bangalore
Photographer: Hana Jade Hudain
Mood: Elegance and a hint of mystery
One Reply to “3 Reasons to Own an LBD (Little Black Dress)”
I do agree! 😀