It’s the EOSS (End of Season Sale) all over in India. I know there are many of us who wait for that time of the month when the season ends (you know what I mean here!). Yet, shopping in malls is not exactly a dream come true even as the discounts get bigger. Why?
- Long Queues…everywhere!
- Incorrect Discounts mentioned on Items
- Incorrect Placing of Items
- Uninformed Sales Staff
- Incorrect Size Labels
- Damaged Goods
- Confusion Between Sales and Billing Counters
Well, there’s a lot you need to watch out for if you want the best deals from your favorite brand. Let me tell you how –
1) Pick a weekday and the morning hours: Yes, this does not guarantee no crowd but hey, the chaos is less. There’s less load on the sales staff, less people on the escalator and changing rooms are empty.
2) Fix a list about the things you need. This will help you to avoid the things you do not need.
3) Shop with a friend. Extra help is always needed. It’s always better to leave the kids at home during the sale. Really…honestly!
4) Avoid taking too much time in changing rooms. You surely don’t need to show every item to the person with you. Be a good judge for yourself. There are other people waiting to try items too.
5) Understand your fit. One look at the outfit and you should know whether it works for you or not. Once decided, take it for trial.
6) Inquire about the discount in advance. This keeps changing time to time. You don’t want to waste time on trials only to realize there is no discount on the item. Always inquire with a senior member of the team.
7) Avoid picking too many items from the same brand. You don’t want to reach home to realize you have picked too many things that look alike.
8) Avoid purchasing something just because it is on sale. Be sure of what you want.
9) Ensure all items have appropriate tags. In the absence of a tag, you will be kept waiting at the billing counter till the matter is sorted out.
10) Always check the goods before billing the item.
As frequent shopaholics, we also need to care for the items during trial. Ensure you return the discarded items to the sales staff. Do not leave it as a pile on the floor. This just shows your disrespect towards things you don’t need. It can be someone else’s prized possession. A sale does not mean the right to throw things around, push people, talk loudly on the phone, or use the trial room like you own the place.
Let’s make sure everyone enjoys the EOSS period this time. Happy Shopping!